Wahooooo its Christmas. Oh wait, our house has been attacked by a vomiting bug and we’ve to pack the world and its mother before driving down home. Packing for 2 small ones and myself is what stresses me out the most. For a week before we go I start laying all the clothes out on the spare bed. Then stress more when someone is coming to stay and I’ve to clear the bed!!!! Honest Mum and Dad I love when you come to stay, no no really I do 😉
So here are my time and stress saving tips:
1. Make a list of what you’ll need. As mentioned before in 10 Top Tips for Busy Households, use a shopping list app to add items as you think of them. Then you can cross them off once packed.
2. Bring prepared food. With the fridge already full, think about bringing something like Ella’s Kitchen food with you for weaning babies. Or it might be an ideal time to try baby lead weaning.
3. Remember you’ll more than likely have the use of a washing machine so you don’t need every single vest for the baby.
4. Remember your own clothes also and, more importantly, your underwear!!!!!!!!! Why do I always forget?
5. If anyone in the family is on medication, make sure you fill the prescriptions before heading away. We’ve had problems finding our specialised formula at times.
6. Pack some pamper things for yourself, a book, nail varnish, chocolate you can sneak eat when you no one is looking (it always tastes better when you’re hiding it from others 😉 )
Remeber to breathe when it all gets a bit too much, and, remember your baby could be vomiting on you while your toddler is shouting at you that they’re doing a poo 🙂
Happy Christmas everyone.